Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fun

Whistler is so much fun. Don't get me wrong. I love Liger, but he's not someone who has "fun." He doesn't play. He teaches me things like how to throw a knife correctly, and where to hit someone if I can't get free of them, and how to make a shiv or take care of my weapons. Maybe he thinks that's fun. I guess it can be. I like learning new things, so yeah, it's... I don't know? Satisfying when I get it right, and he's happy with me?

That's not really "fun" though.

Whistler knows how to have fun. She took me out last night, and we stole fruit from an orchard. We snuck into a movie theater and saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes. She showed me how to mess with streetlights, which is actually a useful skill even if Liger calls everything Whistler shows me a "cheap parlor trick." We sparred a little, and she knocked me on my butt as usual, but she said I'm getting faster even if I don't get enough practice "dancing around a big lumbering ass like Liger." LOL Oh I wish they didn't hate each other so, but at least Whistler's insults are funny.

She got me ice cream, mind-whammying the guy behind the counter into thinking we'd paid when we hadn't.

I did ask Whistler about Darklings. Apparently there's more than one kind, but she didn't go into detail more than to say some of our allies are Darklings. I'm guessing the guy in the cage is NOT a friendly Darkling.

No comments:

Post a Comment