Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Business as Usual

Liger's gone away again on some mission or another. I'll miss him as I always do, but I'm kind of relieved too. He hasn't said anything about his *feelings* since he carried me out of the basement, but it's not a conversation I'm looking forward to, you know? I don't want to hurt him, but I just don't feel that way.

Without Liger here, I'm back to working with Inquisitor. Because Liger is kind of my keeper, and someone needs to watch me when he's not here. That sounds so stupid, like I'm five. Can't they tell I'm loyal by now? :( I wouldn't ever betray the Family or Father. I want to make my contribution just like everyone else!

We have new Chosen downstairs, which is good. I've been hearing people talking about Inquisitor and his "guest." Apparently I'm not the only one the darkling's been messing with. Lots of people complaining of dreams, though not like the "hallucination" I had of Whistler. I miss her more than ever now. Did he eat her? I'll never see her again if he did. She's gone forever. I could hate Inquisitor for that. At least if there are more Chosen downstairs, it will keep everyone occupied as they speculate on who they were or who they'll end up being.

It's hard to describe Inquisitor since Liger whispered in his ear. I don't know what he said, but Inquisitor has been very business-like since I went back to working with him. He doesn't say anything more than he has to... like "pliers" or  "tweezers" or "Drano" or "ants." He hasn't had any reason to punish me since Liger went off to do whatever it is he does when he's not with me, but it's really only a matter of time. I'm clumsy and sometimes slow to find what Inquisitor demands. Eventually that gets on his last nerve, and I have to be punished. I don't hold it against him. I just have to be better.

We have a pair of twins in the cages now, as far away from the darkling as possible. Twins are tricky business. Sometimes they're both Anunnaki or one is and the other is human, but sometimes one is Igigi because they fell in battle together or something. Then we have to torture both of them until the truth comes out. It's weird to have twins with us right now considering Inquisitor and the darkling are twins, unless the darkling was just throwing up a glamour to mess with my head more.

No comments:

Post a Comment